Monday, April 28, 2008

Hang me up to dry.

And the results are in. I have recorded and total all the money I have spent over the last two weeks, and my gosh I spend a lot1. Now comes the challenge of reducing it. It also helps that I noted what the money was spent on, so I what areas I reduce my spending in. So that is fun.

Also, just because I know you are interested, I added another item to the doing things that scare me list on the weekend. I went to my mates 21st on sunday night. Doesn't so that scary does it. The only problem was that I met this mate through uni and thus I didn't know any of his other friends, or family, or anyone else at the party. It was terrifying at first, walking into a house I didn't know (and wasn't 100% sure that is was the right one at first), full of people I didn't know from a bar of soap2. But it turned out to be a lot of fun. I ended up talking to some really cool people and was one of the last to leave.

On the topic of doing things that scare me, I have recently found myself with the opportunity to do something that scares me more than most. It's something I have done before, but not for some time, and it's only recently that the idea of doing it again has become realistic. It's funny how when we are not exposed to the thing that makes us sweat, we forget just how much it really scares us. Just as, after awhile thinking of being at a great height doesn't seem so scary, until you find your self up there again. Then you remember that you were terrified last time you tried to walk the high wire. But you never know, hopefully I will at least be able to walk up to the edge...



Oh, and I realize that the title has nothing to do with the contents, but I couldn't think of a title the fitted the whole blog, and that was the song playing as I finished. Sorry about that, hope I didn't get your hopes up.

1. For more information, be me.

2. That really is an odd saying.

4 comments:

B.C. said...

Vague vague vague. ha. I want to know outcomes/what the opportunity is.

What about when you are unfamiliar with a bar of soap? Then what can you not tell it apart from?

Kyla said...

Good question, Ben! And I also want to know what the opportunity is.. curiouser and curiouser..

Also, I'm glad you had fun at the party, and became unscared.

David said...

I think the real question would be what happens when you know the soap really well, and then can tell the difference between the soap and anything else.

Oh, did I not say what the opportunity is? My bad, that is

Daph said...

Walking into a room full of strangers, knowing that you're going to be there for at least a few good hours knowing nobody, takes GUTS.

Good on ya!!!

and yes, what is this mysterious opportunity of which you speak? :D