Wednesday, February 27, 2008

A day in the life of my phone sock.

I woke at 9:30 when the phone on top of me started to vibrate (vvvvt vvvvt) and make other annoying noises.

I looked upon the sock draw with sadness, remembering the time i tried to go in there and all the regular foot socks picked on me and said i wasn't a real sock. I'll show them! When I finally get thongs monitory they'll more out of fashion than Aqua. However this plan has taken a hit with the liberals election loss as my friend, John Howard's phone sock has less power. Not to worry, it will happen.

The day looks to be picking up from there as I go to work protecting the phone. Nothing really exciting at first, the phone just gets thrown in this guys backpack. It's so boring in here and the phone barely talks at all. Lunch time, and he checks his phone. And again. And again. On, off, on, off, what's this guys issue? Is he that insecure that he need to check his phone every five seconds to see if he has a friend? Then it happens. VVVVVVT! My whole world shakes. I hate vibrate. He replies and this starts a string of 10 messages, and I'm starting to get a headache. Oh great, now he's playing a game and I just get tossed aside. Not to worry, I'm slowly resting the high scores on all the games while they sleep.

The day picked in the afternoon when basketball was on. I didn't get to play of cause, but the phone did get thrown on the ground so was at least keeping the phone out of the dirt.

It has been a long day. Then after protecting his phone from all that, his still puts me under the phone for the night. What the hell buddy, don't i deserve a rest at night?! The phone's just sitting there, what is going to happen to it? Anyway, that's my day. Over and out!

3 comments:

Daph said...

It's ok, sweetie, your owner just likes playing with his phone. Especially in the middle of weird foreign language videos!

Keep up the good work protecting his screen from getting scratches. It's hard work, my owner often throws me in the bottom of her ridiculously large bag and I get squished by Spanish books. I'm just a humble iPod skin, I'm not like one of those shiny hard plastic Belkin covers!!!

- from daph's neoprene iPod cover

some girl said...

Ahh, little phone sock... you are strange.
I wonder what the phone thinks of you? My phone would be eternally grateful to have a 'sock'. Usually it just gets thrown in anywhere and is covered in uncountable scratches, poor thing.

Keep on, buddy!

David said...

I wonder what the phone thinks of me too, but every time i talk to it, it turns onto silent. The sob. Maybe i will come work for your phone...