Friday, February 8, 2008

An after lunch blog.

That's right, I just had lunch. Yum.

Subheading One : Why Audioslave Rocks.
I reasently rediscovered* Audioslave. There are two main reasons why this band is good.
Reason one: Tom Morello. They guy is just plain fantastic. He's not quite as out there in Audioslave as he was/is in Rage but he still rocks harder than most by a fair margin. And when he has the same bass and drums behind him as in Rage, it just keeps getting better and better.

Reason two: Chris Cornell.
Man can this guy really wail. But more than that, his singing has such a free flow to it but it is never out of time or place. If you haven't heard him/them, I earge you to. Today! Go to where ever it is you get your music and get some. I suggest "Your time has come", "Be yourself", or "The worm" form "out of exile" (or the rest of the CD, it's all good) and "Cochise" from their self titled album.

Subheading Two: Some other thoughts
If to dumb something down is to make it simpler, then does that mean that it you dumb something up you make it more complex?
Is it horrible inappropriate to be walking round the pool you're life guarding singing "Drown me slowly"**?

That's about all I had flowting round my head during lunch.

*by "rediscovered" I mean, I hadn't heard them in a decent while and them they pop up in my ipod's shuffle and I thought, "that's right, Audioslave are awesome!"

** also an Audioslave song. Actually this is the song that pop up on shuffle. True story.

4 comments:

B.C. said...

Not inappropriate at all. Also sing "Brick", just to not only talk about drowning, but to be depressive. Also, throw bricks at the swimmers.

Finally, you should speak to Simon about Rage and Audioslave. He is a fan of one and non-fan of the other.

some girl said...

Lunch is really great, I find. It's just one of those things you can look forward to half the day day, then reminisce about for the rest of the day.

David said...

Ben: you have no idea how much i have wanted to throw bricks at some swimmers.
And i really must talk to this Simon.

Em: True, lunch really is a joy.

Daph said...

I beat Tom Morello on GHIII. Yay :P

I quite like Chris Cornell, I was thinking of going to the Linkin Park concert cos he was also opening for them...but then I figured that LP aren't so great live and the only I really know of Cornell's is 'You Know My Name'...I really liked that Bond movie :D