Saturday, January 26, 2008

The building yay.

This is about my new car.

I started out not excited about it at all. After all the time and effort it took just to get my last car on the road, only for it to have a minor brake down. Then after just 5-6 months it dies completely. Plus the whole process of finding and deciding to but this car felt very rushed. It was just about the first car we saw for sale after my previous car was condemned. I wanted to take my time and find an awesome car that I was ultra excited about. Then dad found this cat, that's right I didn't even really get to find it. I was a good deal and was in good condition. I had look around and could not find anything as good.

So we checked it out. It really was very clean and in fantastic condition. The owner's grandma had bought it new and had driven it up until about a year and a half ago. So, it was low on km's and had been well looked after. It fill all my reasonably criteria but I was still very unenthusiastic. So after a bit of thought and consultation with my mechanic friend, I decided to buy the car.

Still my enthusiasm for the whole deal did not rise. It took a good 2 weeks for the car to be ready, which did not phase me as I was rather indifferent and on beach mission. Then I got home and after a few days my car was ready. I had been working in Mirboo North, a half hour drive, so I had been borrowing my parents car or getting a lift. After that, the idea of having a car of my own again was sounding good.

So I got the car, but all the paperwork still stood in the way, squashing my excitement. it just reminded me of all the work we went through with my last car only for it to die. Luckily, the guy we bought the car off had done most of the form to change the rego, so all we had to do was fill in my details and take it down to vicroad. The insurance and RACV turned out to be just short phone calls. At it was all mine. The excitement levels were starting to pick up. I was really happy with the idea that I had a car, but not over the moon about the actual one I had.

Then two small acts started my enthusiasm in the upwards direction. I cleaned it. In the two and a half years I owned my other cars, I didn't clean them one. I washed it and vacuum cleaned the inside. Then i got some hub caps. And BAM, I start thinking, 'this car doesn't look half bad'. Then I started to drive it a bit.

After months of being stuck in family car with poor radios, to be in my own car with a decent Cd player and good rear speaker was awesome! I drove it to the city for a party. The party, horrible, but the drive was fantastic. From there the enthusiasm has continued to grow. I came out of work last night and was like 'dam my car looks cool'. Add to that the impending inclusion of my Cd player and front speakers I'm finally at the point of saying, 'Yay! I have a new car!'.

2 comments:

B.C. said...

You know what else would make your car look cool? Me. When we go kick the town around after garage. ha.

I'm glad you're blogging lots. I even noticed less grammar and spelling mistakes ha. PS. That was encouraging, not condemning.

Look forward to seeing your new car/you should get a golf buggy for at campus/we're gonna be mad breakers. Dig?

some girl said...

Awesome, yay! And other positive exclamations!

I recently went to a terrible party...

I'm glad like b.c. that you are blogging lots. Blogging is good, yes.